Monday, December 16, 2013

My 2013 WRX

So my wife and I sold our motorcycles early on in 2012 after I had shoulder surgery and knew I would be unable to ride for a very long time. I was driving a GMC Sierra Crew Cab and loved that truck to death. It was a great ride and easy to drive, but as we know easy to drive is not the same as fun to drive!

So we began looking for a fun car to drive. We already had the Mustang 5.0, so we were looking at a FR-S/BR-Z to save some $ and to have something to enjoy! I knew raw speed wouldnt be on the list with the FR-S but I went to drive one anyways. I drove the manual and was immediately impressed with it. I knew the 200 HP boxer motor wouldnt have the MOST power but I loved it rev'd high and was lightweight and just fun!

Then I had to sit back and look objectively, I knew Sia and I would be parents eventually (little did I know she would become pregnant less than 1 month later). So I thought back and really looked at what I wanted and what I could really afford.

Then it hit me, What's fun to drive? Can go anywhere? And hold a baby in the back seat?

 Answer:

Subaru WRX!

I went to the dealer and actually was looking at a Sedan version. Test drove it ran the numbers and said I would come back the next day. On the way home I spotted a hatchback. I knew I had to have one of those.

I called the dealer and turns out they had one in the back. So I came back the next day and went home with my new Daily Driver.

Over the last few months I have added tint and read more Subaru websites than I could ever hope but hands down the best thing I have found is my Cobb Accessport V3.

This hand held device is simply awesome. I can reflash the ECU to adjust the timing and fueling to really smooth the car out. To put it plainly it drives smooth and pulls even harder. The next best thing is Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting. I used it twice now and was blown away at the animal it has become. Launching at 3500 and shifting at redline is awe inspiring. The gauge display is perfect as well. You can display 1 big gauge or 6 small gauges, perfect for those that love knowing EXACTLY what is going on.


The Good ole Sierra
Post Tint! and you can see our old M3 in the background.












No comments:

Post a Comment